Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah man, I LOVE that movie! They just don't make surreal, disturbing musicals anymore. Gene Wilder is a freakin' genius. That was one of my favorite movies as a kid, though I confess to having been a pretty weird kid.

The movie that scared the bejeezus out of me was this Disney movie called "Watcher in the Woods". Yikes! I can barely remember what happened, but it was damn scarey stuff.

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Danielle, you're 5' 2"? I'm 5 feet tall, so you're taller then me. I liked the movie, but yeah, I can see why you would be scared of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Speak of the devil! WW&the Chocolate Factory is on right now. The Oopa Loompas just took one of the brats down to the squeezing room after she turned into a giant blueberry. (shudders) Pretty intense stuff.

------------------
    It's all you need in souperheroes and haute cuisine:
    Culinary_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MoonbeamDancer:
    Danielle, you're 5' 2"? I'm 5 feet tall, so you're taller then me. I liked the movie, but yeah, I can see why you would be scared of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.. 5'2".. 5'3" when I wear my Skechers! biggrin

As for scary movies, I'm still sticking w/ "Event Horizon." Willy Wonka is do-able but I wouldnt voluntarily watch it again. There are movies that kinda creep me out or gross me out but nothing that got to me like EH. Heck, last night I dreamt about vampires after watching "John Carpenter's Vampires." But I wasnt scared. smile I dig that horror/slasher/thriller vibe. I still wont go into the ocean b/c of "Jaws" or any other body of water unless I can see to the bottom. But I still love that movie. I watch it at least once a month.

Er.. it just occured to me that this entire post of mine is completely off topic. biggrin

So let's see.. new XM:E episode.. hm.. uh.. it's on this Saturday, 9:30am..

Right. Well, seeing as how I havent seen it.. there's not much I can say right now. smile

I'll just check out the other messages and see if I can stay ON topic w/ one of those.

danielle

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gene Wilder is a genius, I'm a huge fan of his. I think his best movies were with Mel Brooks like "The Producers" and "Young Frankenstein." Wille Wonka just scares me. I too got to watch that movie as a kid and maann was I traumatized. "Watcher in the Woods" was VERY scary when I was a kid but WW still gives me the screaming heebie jeebies. It was the fav movie of my aformeantioned psycho-clown-collecting roommate and she used to watch it in our room. Ugh! "The Thing" was scary too! A movie that scared me for a long time was "Creepshow 2." There's one segment with a big living oil slick thing that eats a bunch of teenagers. That made me look askance at lakes and docks for years. Not a good thing when your family owns boats.

I really want to go rent some movies after reading all these posts! Maybe I can brave "Fire in the Sky"...nah...

Ya'll are some short people! Very elfin. smile

Um..new Evolution in a week...Yay!

biggrin

------------------
    ~Award-winning designer of Norway's lovely crinkly edges.~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Except for one of my friends, and my cats everyone I know is taller then me. Oh well, guess I just got the short end of the stick, so to speak. Creepshow 2? SEEN IT! I remember that part, at the end we pan up to a "No Swimming" sign. My mom's got the comic book version of the movie, pertty good, I read it when I was little.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Is that the one where Stephen King turns into a human Chia Pet?

Is this thread hopelessly off topic now or what?

------------------
    Culinary_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks cool Elwing, (you french biscuit eater you)

------------------
    Culinary_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Gee Im gone for a few days and look at all this stuff!

"Willy Wonka" is one of my favorite movies.REX,SLAR I too love Gene Wilder."Blazing Saddles","The Producers","Young Frankenstein","Start the Revolution Without Me" among others were great.Its so hard to find others my age who appreciate this.

BAMF! you hit the nail on the head with John Carpenters remake of the "Thing".I laughed my @ss off at the original but the remake scared the crap out of me.That was some of the most visually desturbing stuff I have ever seen as
    a kid.You commented on the quality of the speacial effects in those days but I think they were better.The CGI stuff is too cartoony and fake looking to me.In fact none of the horror movies of today with the CGI have scared me.Or it could be just because Im older too.

Knighty,the worst movie Ive seen rescently was "Charlies Angels".

Thanks Elwing for the link!

NIGHTCRAWLER RULES!*whew*

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Worst movies ever made (that I've seen):
    Batman & Robin
    John Carpenter's Vampires
    The Crow 2: City of Angels
    Hollow Man

And that's pretty sad, since I saw Road Trip, and that was by far a better movie than any of those pieces of donkey crap.

------------------
    ~~I'll be standing in the rain with my pants on fire when it all goes wrong again~~